Return to Contents for a list of all the categories of articles on this site
- 10 Ways to Refresh Family Relationships
- 10 Tips to Take into Next Year
- A Few Strategies for Coping as Home Educators
- A Heartbreaking Story about Unsupervised Internet Use
- A Question About Age Appropriateness and Type of Chores for Children
- Are your kids after using screen technology?
- Babies and Screens
- Being "On Call"...
- Being 100% There for Our Children: Being Attentive to Needs Promptly Pays Off
- Biting Toddler (Ask Beverley)
- Breaking the Cycle of Fear Based Conditioning
- Bullies: Homeschooling a Possible Solution?
- Can Schools Teach Empathy?
- Children are Humans and Deserve Respect by Melita Gee
- Chores: An Unschooling Perspective
- Comparison, competition, socialisation, natural learning and parenting
- Coping with Feelings of Parental Inadequacy
- Create a Stress Free Learning Environment
- Developing Strategies for Dealing with Children's Difficult Behaviour
- Ditching Languge That Invokes Shame
- Discrimination Against Breastfeeding in Public Still A Problem for Many Mothers
- Expectations, Stress, Trust and Learning
- Four Rules to Lead an Extraordinary Life
- Fostering Healthy Chakras in Children
- Frustration with lack of information on child development beyon six years of age...
- Genius is Born of Love
- Getting the Balance Right to Help Avoid Incidences of Bullying
- Help! Kids Leaving a Mess!
- Help! My kids are fighting...
- Homeschoolers are only human
- Home Education and Bullying
- Home Education and Incidences of Child Abuse
- Homeschooling Helps Develop Empathy in Children
- Homeschooling Through the 'Bad' Days - When Our Children Are Fighting
- Honesty: the Secret to Homeschooling and Parenting Success
- How Children Learn
- How Homeschooling Helped Us Stay Together
- "I can't do it": Resistance to Learning
- Joyful Disruptions
- Judging How Others Parent and Educate their Children
- Let's Get Healthy
- Living Simply
- Looking back - what would I change?
- Motherhood Solidarity
- Motivation for Preparing Meals!
- My Teen Doesn't Respect Me!
- My Top 20 Tips for New Parents
- Natural Learning is NOT Lazy Parenting!, Freya Dawson
- Negotiable, Open Ended Schedules and Learning Programs
- On a Mission!
- On Becoming... A Thought for the New Year
- Our Early Homeschooling Experience with Screen Technology Before it Became Endemic
- Patient Parenting Pays Off!
- Parent/Child Relationships Don't Have to be a Battleground
- Parenting - A Career Choice or the Only Choice...
- Parenting became easier when I stopped pandering to my children's wants and started identifying their needs
- Protecting Our Children from Bullying
- Questioning my assumptions, one way I learn
- Reflections on My Arrogance as a Homeschooling Parent and Educator
- Reflections on being an educating parent, May 2018
- Saying Yes More Often, by Cath
- Screen Time, Freya Dawson
- Secret to Happiness and Maslow's Hierarchy
- Simply Be There For Your Children and Be Reassured That's It's Enough...
- Stressed and Anxious Children
- Still on my Parenting 'L' Plates
- Thoughts on motherhood at Christmas
- Undertstanding Toddler Tantrums
- Virtue and Character
- What do I mean by 'attentive'?
- What is the Difference Between a Vision and a Goal?
- What is Adult Privilege? Boundaries, Manipulation, Coercion and Respect for Children
- Why You Need to Avoid Making Assumptions about Home Education
- Will our home educated kids turn out okay?
Was this article helpful? Was it worth $1.00 to you?
Your gift of $1 or more helps to keep this site operating
and reassurance to families
better outcomes for their children.
Beverley Paine with her children, and their home educated children, relaxing at home.
Together with the support of my family, my aim is to help parents educate their children in stress-free, nurturing environments. In addition to building and maintaing this website, I continue to create and manage local and national home educating networks, help to organise conferences and camps, as well as write for, edit and produce newsletters, resource directories and magazines. I am an active supporter of national, state, regional and local home education groups.
"You've been an inspiration to me, I love the way
you really listen to people." Vanessa
"Whenever I read your writing I always come away
with increased confidence in my ability to provide and
share a wonderful learning journey with my family!" Davina
"Your guidance, understanding, support and words of
wisdom changed our lives. We now offer support and
organise many homeschooling events for others." Lesley
"Thank you once again for your prompt and friendly service.
I am convinced that your books are going to add
quality and peace of mind to my journey of teaching my kids
at home! Just from studying your website, until almost
in the morning, I 've been encouraged!" Louisa
"Thank you for all your many,many reassuring words
over many, many years. You probably don't know exactly how
valuable you are to the Australian Home Education community.
I've been reading your stuff for maybe 8 years or more now.
And I'm very grateful." Gythaa
Welcome to the World of Home Education
and Learning without School!
We began educating our children in 1985, when our eldest was five. In truth, we had helped them learn what they need to learn since they were born. I am a passionate advocate of allowing children to learn unhindered by unnecessary stress and competition, meeting developmental needs in ways that suit their individual learning styles and preferences. Ours was a homeschooling, unschooling and natural learning family! There are hundreds of articles on this site to help you build confidence as a home educating family. We hope that your home educating adventure is as satisfying as ours was! Beverley Paine
3 ESSENTIAL STEP BY STEP GUIDES
Let experienced home educators Beverley, Tamara and April walk you through HOW to create a learning plan that builds on solid foundations that works for YOUR family AND ticks all the boxes for home educaton registration!
Tap into Beverley's
through her books
"Your books, your blogs helped me beyond words... they helped me to find comfort in knowing it is ok to choose exactly what is best for my family." Nisha
"Your books and information are mind blowing and already I am feeling good about this new experience." Diane
"Your guidance, understanding, support & words of wisdom changed our lives." Leslie
"I feel specially inspired by Beverley's words and, the more I read her comments, the more inspired I feel, since my need for support, respect for different parenting styles, and information are fully met." Marijo
The information on this website is of a general nature only and is not intended as personal or professional advice. This site merges and incorporates 'Homeschool Australia' and 'Unschool Australia'.
The Educating Parent acknowledges the Traditional Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Owners, the Custodians of Australia, and pay our respects to Elders past and present and extend that respect to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people viewing this website.
Australia's premier online annual conferences, lifetime access to video and audio recordings, freebies, notes and associated resource guides.
EVERY SUMMIT IS UNIQUE!
$29 each 2023 2022 2021
$25 each 2020 2019 2017
"Biggest and best Aussie homeschool event of the year!"
Home education is a legal alternative
to school education in Australia.
State and Territory governments are responsible
for regulating home education and have different
requirements, however home educating families
are able to develop curriculum and learning programs
to suit the individual needs of their children.
Without revenue from advertising
by educational suppliers and Google Ads
we could not continue to provide information
to home educators. Please support us by letting
our advertisers know that you found them on
The Educating Parent. Thanks!