Australian Home Education Directory
MATHEMATICS Resources / Suppliers
Add your business directory listing.
Links to off-site articles
Please browse our sitemap for a full list of Homeschool Australia articles on this topic.
- www.ConquerMath.cente & www.ConquerMath.center/math-is-not-magic
- Lockies Lament - a must read for unschoolers and lovers of maths!
- Teaching a Six-Year-Old Multiplication and Division Conrad Cook
- Learning to Love Math Alison Moore Smith
- MATH... and Other Tales of Horror Leslie Wilson
- Shouldn't Your Children's Curriculum Include Chess? Richard Driggers
- Why Manipulatives are Not Enough Bob Hazen
- Math Games in the Curriculum
- Math Games, Part 2
- How to Build an Abacus - by Esther Andrews
- 10 Year Old Josh Learns Multiplication Tables Rapidly Steve Wells
- Maths Fundamentals offers maths blog, free sample worksheets and activities
- Virtual Math Club
- http://www.mathcats.com/ is unschool friendly and has math crafts, Creative, open-ended maths explorations!
- Study Ladder: http://www.studyladder.com.au/ , "full fledge mathematics curriculum based system presented in a pedagogical way", free trial available
- BrainPop: http://www.brainpop.com/math/ , UK animated program, popular with children, free lesson plans, video tutorials, professional development tools, graphic organizers, groups and forums
- Time4Learning: http://time4learning.com , described as a being able to be used as a 'foundation for homeschooling', teaches concepts across all major learning areas
- Singapore Maths: http://www.singaporemath.com , "textbook shows clearly each problem and how to solve it, has corresponding student exercise books", very popular with homeschooling parents
- Accelerated Math Learning: http://www.renlearn.com/am/ , billed as the 'world's most successful maths software'.
- Mathletics: http://www.mathletics.com.au/ , popular with home educating families - homeschooled children do very well on their annual maths competition; a considerable discount is available if you are a member of the Home Education Association www.hea.edu.au
- Master Math (middle school) video lessons: http://www.mastermath.info/
- Targeting Maths Workbooks: http://www.pascalpress.com.au/NSW-Targeting-Maths-s/314.htm , complete coverage of the NSW maths syllabus, "every page is motivating, child friendly, connected to real life and enjoyable". Each state should have similar workbooks tailored to their individual state curricula. Targeting Maths offers workbooks fro Qld, NSW and Vic syllabuses.
- MathsUSee: http://mathusee.com.au/ , hands-on with manipulative blocks, short lessons
- Canadian maths learning library - teaching pdfs: http://library.nald.ca/search?q=math&collection=learning&search=Search
- Back-to-Front Maths: http://www.backtofrontmaths.com.au , Australian made problem-based maths resource
- Make a mini-abacus http://homeschoolheartandmind.blogspot.com.au/2013/03/math-craft-make-your-own-abacus.html
- Montessori approach to learning about money http://montessoritraining.blogspot.ca/2013/05/money-montessori-classroom-practical-life-coin-activities.html
Free Internet Resources
- NSA/CSS: CryptoKids - learn how to make and break codes
- Education Place Maths is a K-6 maths programme which can be done on-line and, best of all, it's free!
- Free home-schoolers website with games to play, topics to write about, and general knowledge quizzes to rack your brains! Updated weekly. www.funfitnesslearning.com
- There is another free online math page at www.smartkiddies.com - they have print outs as well as online test that can be marked online and if the child gets over a certain amount right you then can print out a certificate
- MathsGoGoGo have released the following two booklets for general use:
Mathematics at home. A document describing many activities your children can engage in at home to boost their mathematical understanding and knowledge.
Metrication. How using metric units in your everyday life can help your children understand that we live in a metric world (not an imperial one as many people would have you believe) and hence build their confidence with mathematics.
- XPMaths free worksheets
- www.MasterMath.info offers free middle school math lessons, each including a video lesson, printable worksheet, and a self-grading quiz that shows the student how to do any problem they miss.
- all about metric - National Institute of Standards & Technology
Was this article helpful? Was it worth $1.00 to you?
Your gift of $1 or more helps to keep this site operating
and reassurance to families
better outcomes for their children.
Beverley Paine with her children, and their home educated children, relaxing at home.
Together with the support of my family, my aim is to help parents educate their children in stress-free, nurturing environments. In addition to building and maintaing this website, I continue to create and manage local and national home educating networks, help to organise conferences and camps, as well as write for, edit and produce newsletters, resource directories and magazines. I am an active supporter of national, state, regional and local home education groups.
"You've been an inspiration to me, I love the way
you really listen to people." Vanessa
"Whenever I read your writing I always come away
with increased confidence in my ability to provide and
share a wonderful learning journey with my family!" Davina
"Your guidance, understanding, support and words of
wisdom changed our lives. We now offer support and
organise many homeschooling events for others." Lesley
"Thank you once again for your prompt and friendly service.
I am convinced that your books are going to add
quality and peace of mind to my journey of teaching my kids
at home! Just from studying your website, until almost
in the morning, I 've been encouraged!" Louisa
"Thank you for all your many,many reassuring words
over many, many years. You probably don't know exactly how
valuable you are to the Australian Home Education community.
I've been reading your stuff for maybe 8 years or more now.
And I'm very grateful." Gythaa
if you want to learn
how to write your own education plans
your unique children's
individual learning needs?
Or you are looking for quality curriculum and teaching tips...
Welcome to the World of Home Education
and Learning without School!
We began educating our children in 1985, when our eldest was five. In truth, we had helped them learn what they need to learn since they were born. I am a passionate advocate of allowing children to learn unhindered by unnecessary stress and competition, meeting developmental needs in ways that suit their individual learning styles and preferences. Ours was a homeschooling, unschooling and natural learning family! There are hundreds of articles on this site to help you build confidence as a home educating family. We hope that your home educating adventure is as satisfying as ours was! Beverley Paine
3 ESSENTIAL STEP BY STEP GUIDES
Let experienced home educators Beverley, Tamara and April walk you through HOW to create a learning plan that builds on solid foundations that works for YOUR family AND ticks all the boxes for home educaton registration!
Tap into Beverley's
through her books
"Your books, your blogs helped me beyond words... they helped me to find comfort in knowing it is ok to choose exactly what is best for my family." Nisha
"Your books and information are mind blowing and already I am feeling good about this new experience." Diane
"Your guidance, understanding, support & words of wisdom changed our lives." Leslie
"I feel specially inspired by Beverley's words and, the more I read her comments, the more inspired I feel, since my need for support, respect for different parenting styles, and information are fully met." Marijo
The information on this website is of a general nature only and is not intended as personal or professional advice. This site merges and incorporates 'Homeschool Australia' and 'Unschool Australia'.
The Educating Parent acknowledges the Traditional Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Owners, the Custodians of Australia, and pay our respects to Elders past and present and extend that respect to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people viewing this website.
Advertise on this site.
Australia's premier online annual conferences, lifetime access to video and audio recordings, freebies, notes and associated resource guides.
EVERY SUMMIT IS UNIQUE!
$29 each 2023 2022 2021
$25 each 2020 2019 2017
"Biggest and best Aussie homeschool event of the year!"
Home education is a legal alternative
to school education in Australia.
State and Territory governments are responsible
for regulating home education and have different
requirements, however home educating families
are able to develop curriculum and learning programs
to suit the individual needs of their children.
Without revenue from advertising
by educational suppliers and Google Ads
we could not continue to provide information
to home educators. Please support us by letting
our advertisers know that you found them on
The Educating Parent. Thanks!