Homeschool Help is Available from Experienced Home Education Consultants
by Beverley Paine & April Jermey, March, 2022
With the current exodus from mainstream education by teachers and families, please be aware that there are a lot of new start up businesses marketing themselves to home educators. Some are offering "learning at home" / "remote learning" set ups similarly to what was offered by schools during lockdowns. Others are putting together curriculum packages, or simply charging for writing learning programs for registration purposes.
Many of these have little to no home education experience, and don't realise that home ed doesn't need to look like school, and more often than not, looks NOTHING like school. They may have classroom experience, they may be qualified educators, but they don't know your kids.
Furthermore each state has different requirements for home ed registration, and as an example, a school teacher from NSW isn't going to have a good understanding of the requirements to home educate in the NT.
We're not saying that these options aren't good opportunities for home educators, we're suddenly spoiled for choices, but they aren't necessarily going to understand how your family needs to home educate. You're not an expert, but you know your kids, and you've been educating them since birth.
We encourage any teachers new to home ed to home educate their own children for a minimum of one year before marketing their services to home educators. And frankly one year is baby steps.
If you are looking at employing the services of one of these many new homeschooling businesses try searching for the person offering their services in the homeschool group/s they are advertising and spruiking their services within. Have they been a member for a few months or a few years? Have they contributed in any meaningful way to other posts, and without trying to sell themselves within the comment? Are they truly a part of the homeschooling community, or do they only see us as an easy target market?
If you do want to seek the help of a consultant to help with planning and registration take a look at the list of consultants below, all have years of experience home educating their own children, and many are trained teachers also.
- That Homeschool Life: Lusi Austin is a home education consultant and resource provider, experienced with neurodivergent children https://www.thathomeschoollife.com.au/
- Freya Dawson Joyful Living: Freya Dawson is a home education consultant specializing in unschooling https://www.freyadawson.com.au/
- Fearless Homeschool: Kelly is a home education consultant, organiser of the Australian Homeschooling Summit, and offers 'how to homeschool' courses. http://fearlesshomeschool.com
- Homeschool Confidently: Bel Moore offers 1:1 home education support to families, as well as face to face workshops and online courses. fb.me/homeschoolconfidently , email@example.com https://www.facebook.com/homeschoolconfidently/
- Home Schooling Solutions Australia: Rachael Clarke is a home education consultant offering consultations, plan writing, report writing service, assistance with de-registrations and show cause notices for QLD families https://www.facebook.com/pg/HomeSchoolingSolutionsAustralia/services
- Marion Pears, Home Ed Consultant & Tutor: experienced home educator: Marion Pears is a trained and registered teacher, qualified to teach both primary and secondary years. Maths and English. Phone ACE academics on 0418 413 409
- Mulberry Magazine: home educating magazine, planners and diaries. Grace & Eric, Australia http://mulberrymagazine.com.au/
- Tutor Your Own Child: Tamara Kidd is a home education consultant who can help with registration applications and reviews http://tutoryourownchild.com/
- Angus Bugeja Home Education Consultant and Tutoring: Angus Bugeja is an experienced educator of 10 years, consulting for all your home and natural educating needs, plus tutoring. firstname.lastname@example.org https://www.facebook.com/angusbugejaeducationalconsultant/
Was this article helpful? Was it worth $1.00 to you?
Your gift of $1 or more helps to keep this site operating
and reassurance to families
better outcomes for their children.
Beverley Paine with her children, and their home educated children, relaxing at home.
Together with the support of my family, my aim is to help parents educate their children in stress-free, nurturing environments. In addition to building and maintaing this website, I continue to create and manage local and national home educating networks, help to organise conferences and camps, as well as write for, edit and produce newsletters, resource directories and magazines. I am an active supporter of national, state, regional and local home education groups.
"You've been an inspiration to me, I love the way
you really listen to people." Vanessa
"Whenever I read your writing I always come away
with increased confidence in my ability to provide and
share a wonderful learning journey with my family!" Davina
"Your guidance, understanding, support and words of
wisdom changed our lives. We now offer support and
organise many homeschooling events for others." Lesley
"Thank you once again for your prompt and friendly service.
I am convinced that your books are going to add
quality and peace of mind to my journey of teaching my kids
at home! Just from studying your website, until almost
in the morning, I 've been encouraged!" Louisa
"Thank you for all your many,many reassuring words
over many, many years. You probably don't know exactly how
valuable you are to the Australian Home Education community.
I've been reading your stuff for maybe 8 years or more now.
And I'm very grateful." Gythaa
if you want to learn
how to write your own education plans
your unique children's
individual learning needs?
Or you are looking for quality curriculum and teaching tips...
Welcome to the World of Home Education
and Learning without School!
We began educating our children in 1985, when our eldest was five. In truth, we had helped them learn what they need to learn since they were born. I am a passionate advocate of allowing children to learn unhindered by unnecessary stress and competition, meeting developmental needs in ways that suit their individual learning styles and preferences. Ours was a homeschooling, unschooling and natural learning family! There are hundreds of articles on this site to help you build confidence as a home educating family. We hope that your home educating adventure is as satisfying as ours was! Beverley Paine
3 ESSENTIAL STEP BY STEP GUIDES
Let experienced home educators Beverley, Tamara and April walk you through HOW to create a learning plan that builds on solid foundations that works for YOUR family AND ticks all the boxes for home educaton registration!
Tap into Beverley's
through her books
"Your books, your blogs helped me beyond words... they helped me to find comfort in knowing it is ok to choose exactly what is best for my family." Nisha
"Your books and information are mind blowing and already I am feeling good about this new experience." Diane
"Your guidance, understanding, support & words of wisdom changed our lives." Leslie
"I feel specially inspired by Beverley's words and, the more I read her comments, the more inspired I feel, since my need for support, respect for different parenting styles, and information are fully met." Marijo
The information on this website is of a general nature only and is not intended as personal or professional advice. This site merges and incorporates 'Homeschool Australia' and 'Unschool Australia'.
The Educating Parent acknowledges the Traditional Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Owners, the Custodians of Australia, and pay our respects to Elders past and present and extend that respect to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people viewing this website.
Advertise on this site.
Australia's premier online annual conferences, lifetime access to video and audio recordings, freebies, notes and associated resource guides.
EVERY SUMMIT IS UNIQUE!
$29 each 2023 2022 2021
$25 each 2020 2019 2017
"Biggest and best Aussie homeschool event of the year!"
Home education is a legal alternative
to school education in Australia.
State and Territory governments are responsible
for regulating home education and have different
requirements, however home educating families
are able to develop curriculum and learning programs
to suit the individual needs of their children.
Without revenue from advertising
by educational suppliers and Google Ads
we could not continue to provide information
to home educators. Please support us by letting
our advertisers know that you found them on
The Educating Parent. Thanks!